Why volunteer at Community Action of Eastern Iowa?
- Because we need you. Our volunteers bring new energy, skills, and knowledge and make our services better.
- You will help others and contribute to our community!
- We can help you meet the community service or internship requirements of a college course or certificate program.
What Volunteer Jobs Can I Help With?
We have many opportunities.
- You could help in a Head Start classroom, by reading to children, or playing with children on the playground.
- We are always looking for help with landscaping and light maintenance work.
- Would you like to participate on an advisory or planning group?
- By volunteering to help with clerical duties you can help us reduce our administrative costs.
- You can receive training to help other people learn about financial education.
- If you have an interest in helping others, we would like to talk with you to find the best place for you to volunteer.
Who Can Volunteer?
Community Action of Eastern Iowa needs people from all walks of life. You must be able to pass a criminal background check, and because of the nature of our work most volunteer opportunities are for people 16 years of age or older. You do not need to have any prior experience or training. We will help you learn anything you need to know. The most important thing for a volunteer to have is a true interest in giving back to their community.
How Do I Get Started?
Please begin by completing the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page, and we will be in touch. Be sure to tell us what type of volunteer work interests you, and thank you for your interest in giving back to your community.