Why volunteer at Community Action of Eastern Iowa?
- Because we need you. Our volunteers bring new energy, skills, and knowledge and make our services better.
- You will help others and contribute to our community!
- We may be able to help you meet the community service or internship requirements of a college course or certificate program.
What Volunteer Jobs Can I Help With?
We have many opportunities.
- You could help in a Head Start classroom by reading to children or playing with children on the playground.
- We are always looking for help with landscaping and light maintenance work.
- Would you like to participate in an advisory or planning group?
- By volunteering to help with clerical duties, you can help us reduce our administrative costs.
- If you are interested in helping others, we would like to talk with you to find the best place for you to volunteer.
Who Can Volunteer?
Community Action of Eastern Iowa needs people from all walks of life. Because of the nature of our work, most volunteer opportunities are for people 18 years of age or older. You do not need to have any prior experience or training. We will help you learn anything you need to know. The most important thing for a volunteer is a true interest in giving back to their community. We conduct criminal background check screenings and may ask you to complete a full criminal background check, including fingerprinting, depending on the nature and extent of your volunteer activity.
How Do I Get Started?
Please begin by completing the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page, and we will be in touch. Be sure to tell us what type of volunteer work interests you. When you volunteer, you will be required to sign a Volunteer Service Agreement and will complete a brief volunteer orientation process. Thank you for your interest in freely giving back to your community.